End of Life Care Assistant
Job Role in Brief
End of Life / Palliative Care Assistant
Are you looking for a new challenge that is rewarding and will genuinely make a difference in people’s lives? Are you looking for a role that is varied and provides opportunities for progression? If the answer is ‘yes’, then this Palliative Care role is just for you!
HCL Care Services are one of the leading providers of adult social care in the Liverpool region. We take pride in providing high standards of personalised and professional care to our customers in their own homes, to enable them to live as independently for as long as possible.
As a Palliative Care Assistant, you will work in partnership with Marie Curie Nurses to deliver high standards of quality end of life care to HCL customers and provide support to their families.
- A starting salary of £9.50 / hour (£19, 760 per annum).
- Full Time / Part Time positions available in Liverpool.
- Comprehensive training available through to degree courses.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills within the care sector.
- Shifts: 8am-2pm and 4pm-10pm.
- Every other weekend off.
- Previous experience of delivering Care Services.
- Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Health and Social Care.
- Able to remain calm and supportive in sometimes difficult situations.
- Driver with access to a vehicle.
Role in brief
The successful applicant will undertake a variety of duties relating to the care of Service Users with end of life needs in the place where they live, usually in their own homes. HCL is looking for applicants with a mature approach and experience of working in a caring environment.
- This post requires the successful applicant to have a full driving license, access to a vehicle and obtain vehicle insurance which covers business use.
- Shifts are flexible.
- We currently require Care Assistants across the North Liverpool Area.
Job Benefits as a Palliative Care Assistant in Liverpool
- Competitive pay rates
- 28 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Work phone & free uniform provided
- Flexible working
- Mileage paid for
We are looking for people who can demonstrate the following values & attributes to work with us
- Kindness – towards customers and colleagues.
- Respect – for others both our customers and colleagues.
- Compassion – towards our customers & the care we deliver.
- Reliable and efficient – deliver high-quality services and best value when we are expected to by our customers.
- Enthusiastic and a positive attitude – self-motivated, and able to motivate others in a positive way.
- Integrity, honesty and trustworthy – Demonstrated in behaviours and actions.
- Reflective – Self-awareness and willingness to learn, improve and adapt to need/change.