Are you looking for a new challenge that is rewarding and will genuinely make a difference in people’s lives? Are you looking for a role that is varied and provides opportunities for progression? If the answer is ‘yes’, then this Palliative Care Assistant role is just for you!
HCL are one of the leading providers of adult social care in the Liverpool City Region. We take pride in providing high standards of personalised and professional care to our customers in their own homes, to enable them to live as independently for as long as possible.
As a Palliative Care Assistant, you will work in partnership with Marie Curie Nurses to deliver high standards of quality end of life care to HCL customers and provide support to their families.
- A starting rate of £9.70 per hour (week-day) and £9.90 per hour (weekend).
- Full-Time / Part-Time positions are available in Liverpool.
- Shifts: 8am-2pm and 4pm-10pm.
- Every other weekend off.
Areas we work are: North of the City: Croxteth, Tuebrook, Walton, Fazakerley
- Previous experience of delivering care services.
- Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Health and Social Care.
- Able to remain calm and supportive in sometimes difficult situations.
- Driver with access to a vehicle.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with the Marie Curie Nursing team, following an agreed, personalised end of life care plan.
- Ensure that the customer's personal care needs are met in line with an agreed care plan to ensure the customer is kept comfortable at all times.
- Ensure good practice in terms of continence and mouth care management are maintained to promote both the comfort and dignity of the customer.
- Working in partnership with the Marie Curie Nurses and to the individual plan of care, ensure good practice in pressure care management, using specific equipment as instructed and/or appropriate to ensure the customer is comfortable at all times.
- Provide support and reassurance as appropriate to the customer’s carer and/or immediate family involved in the care.
prepare meals/snacks where necessary maintaining good nutrition and hydration, ensuring good practice in food preparation and hygiene.
- Administer Medication to customers where required adhering HCL’s Medicines Policy and procedures.
- Ensure that HCL’s Infection Control Policy & Procedures are followed to minimise the risk of infection & cross-contamination.
- 28 days holiday (pro rata)
- Full training provided
- Holiday pay
- Paid mileage (30p per mile)
- Paid refresher training
- Paid training
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme