Salary: £25,000 per annum
Hours: 40 per week to be worked flexibly, including occasional weekend cover
Location: HCL Head Office 8 Childwall Valley Road, Liverpool L16 4PE
Reports to: Registered Manager
Responsible for: Care Coordinators
Main purpose of the role:
To undertake the role of Team Leader under the direction of the Registered Manager to monitor performance across all areas of care services, to ensure that front line services are delivered to a high standard and quality, are safe, compliant and that staff deployed have the right skills, knowledge and experience to meet customer need.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading from the front act as a role model for the team under your supervision.
- Develop an effective, efficient team, motivating and encouraging staff to reach their potential in order to meet the requirements of their individual job descriptions.
- Provide general support & guidance to the team, to ensure that any issues are addressed without delay to avoid disruption to the service, reporting any areas of concern or trends to the Registered Manager.
- Ensure that all processes pertaining to compliance both contractual and CQC are met, reporting any breeches or areas of concern to the Compliance team/Registered Manager for example ensuring travel times are sufficient.
- Work with the Registered Manager to ensure all departmental specific and compliance Key performance indicators are achieved.
- Ensure that all systems and records are updated in line with procedure, that they are maintained and accurate to support reporting requirements across a range of compliance and non-compliance areas, reporting any concerns or areas of weakness to the Registered Manager.
- Ensure that the team, support and maintain a good working relationship with their front-line staff, to maintain effective communication and build good working relationships.
- Through direct observation monitor practice and performance of the team, addressing any individual concerns directly with the member of staff using HCL formal processes which includes the Supervision and Annual Appraisal policy and procedure.
- Working with the Registered Manager conduct planned supervision with individual team members using agreed recording systems and complying with the Supervision and Annual Appraisal policy and procedure.
- Ensure that the Care Coordinating team are conducting staff supervisions with the front-line care team across all contracts, reporting any areas of concern to the Registered Manager/Compliance Manager.
- Ensure Care Coordinators hold regular team meetings with the care team, ensuring these meetings have a clear agenda, are recorded, and an attendance record is maintained. Unauthorised absences should be reported directly to the Registered Manager.
- Liaising with the Training Manager maintain oversight of front-line staff training to ensure the care team have access the training they need, when they need it and to meet compliance requirements.
- Support the Registered Manager to ensure that all members of the team understand and comply with both statutory and internal policies and procedures which govern HCL services, providing additional support as appropriate.
- Report any areas of concern with policy/procedural compliance to the Registered Manager/Compliance Manger.
- Carry out regular team meetings, ensuring these are recorded, an attendance record kept, and each member receives a copy of the minutes within one week of the meeting taking place.
- Ensure the staffing rota for customers & care staff is maintained efficiently to maximise available resources, reporting any problems to cover which cannot be resolved effectively to the Registered Manager.
- Consistently check service capacity to guarantee the commissioned hours, any growth in demand and to meet the expectations of staff.
- Supervise the Referrals Manager to accept and process new referrals to the service, ensuring that all required information pertaining to the referral is available from the referring source and capacity checked, to facilitate the allocation of staff with the skills, experience and knowledge to meet the need of the customer in a safe way which promotes their independence and meets their personal preferences.
- Ensure all new referrals are entered onto the relevant systems without delay to ensure service commences as planned.
- Communicate and Implement instructions from the Registered Manager as required or requested to the team in a way which promotes compliance and supports good communication.
- Prepare weekly up-date reports for Registered Manager, highlighting any areas of concern and potential solutions to address these.
- Provide annual reports for the senior management team as requested/required by the Registered Manager.
- Promote a positive working environment, which nurtures and rewards good practice through personal professional development.
- Work in partnership with other members of the senior management team to ensure effective communications are maintained.
- Working in partnership with the Registered Manager to identify areas of capacity which could be used to stimulate growth of the business.
- Contribute to, and ensure, the successful implementation of new management information systems (MIS) and processes in line with the strategic development of the company.
- Ensure accurate, timely reporting and effective communication of all data as required and/or requested.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Registered Manager to ensure that services are being delivered in accordance with specified care plans and that any concerns regarding care are addressed.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Keep abreast of Regulation which governs adult social care including and changes to CQC regulation and policy including any contractual changes to services.
- Ensure services are always delivered in line with HCL’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Ensure that the services provided respects the individual customer as an adult and equal citizen.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other departments within HCL for example, Admin, Finance and the outsourced HR provision to ensure that effective working and communication is maintained.
- Ensure all staff members are provided with support and guidance and feel valued as part of a team.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory policies and procedures, in terms of GRPD, Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and Disciplinary and Grievance, Equality and Diversity.
- Ensure compliance with the UKHCA codes of practice and rules and HCL policies and procedures contained in the Staff Handbook and HCL Code of Conduct.
- Ensure that departmental resources are used efficiently and efficiently.
- Participate in planned supervision with the Registered Manager.
- Undertake mandatory training as required and maintain CPD as identified and agreed with the Registered Manager as part of supervision and/or as part of an annual appraisal of performance.
- Act as an ambassador for HCL when representing the Company when required at events and meetings etc.
- Ensure that the values and ethos of HCL are always upheld.
- Participate in HCL social and fundraising activities as required, including celebrating success of both staff, customers, colleagues and partners.
Values & Attributes:
- HCL promotes value-based recruitment to ensure that our staff team at all levels reflect the values of the organisation. Values & attributes we expect our care staff to demonstrate through their actions and practice includes:
- Kindness – In the way we deliver care to customers and towards each other as colleagues
- Respect – for others both our customers and our colleagues
- Compassion – In our approach to our customers & the care we deliver
- Reliable and efficient – to deliver high quality services and best value when we are expected to by our customers
- Enthusiastic and a positive attitude – to motivate ourselves, those we work with and customers.
- Integrity, honesty and trustworthy – Demonstrated in our behaviours and actions
- Reflective - Self- awareness and willingness to learn, improve and adapt to need/change.
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme